The foundation of our congregation was laid in 1934 by a young woman, Esther Mellinger Bair. She desired to start a Bible school in her Hinkletown home. Those successful weekly, summer Bible schools showed our early leaders the need for a church in the Hinkletown area. In 1943, the Hinkletown Mennonite Church began.
It has been noted, from its early days to the present time, the themes of pioneering, giving and harmony have prevailed in the Hinkletown Mennonite Church.